The Holistic Health Community has two positions open:
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation dedicated to providing free holistic healthcare and education in our community. We are looking for a part time Director of Development to raise money for the purchase of land to create a Cooperative Land Trust — a Campus dedicated to multiple endeavors to bring about Well Being from soil to soul.
20 hours per week, salary commensurate with experience
- 10 years experience in fund raising
- experience in grant writing
- experience in real estate development
- experience with and deep respect for holistic healthcare
- a spiritual view of the world and business
The Director of Development will:
- attend Board business meetings on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, 4:00-6:00.
- develop and implement a strategic plan to raise needed capital for the manifestation of PHASE TWO of our mission to acquire approximately 50-100 acres of land as the location for our vision of a Holistic Hub of Well Being. The land will be diversified, including farm land, forest, and water, in addition to sites for building.
- manage the capital fundraising campaign needed to purchase the land, build a small Operations Center and install initial infrastructure on the land. This will include grant writing.
- fine tune the existing Business Plan with a focus on PHASE TWO. This will include a description of the farming project and of the Operations Center.
- have other fundraising duties as agreed with the Board.
- provide monthly detailed reports to the Board of Directors.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your Curriculum Vitae.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS TREASURER
The Treasurer is a Board Member who works pro bono. They will:
- attend all Board meetings, currently the second and fourth Tuesday of each month 4:00–6:00pm and the second Monday of every month 9:00–11:30am.
- prepare a budget at the beginning of each year.
- keep copies of all approved financial reports, bank statements, deposit slips, payment request forms and any other financial or bank documents.
- act as liaison with the HHC bookkeeper and bring monthly financial reports to the Board for approval.
- act as liaison with the HHC accountant to prepare the annual submission of form 990 to the IRS and CHAR500 to New York State.
- act as liaison with HHC Insurance Brokers to review policies annually and pay for policy renewals.
- write checks for approved and pre-approved expenses if required.
- improve forms and procedures for financial matters on an on-going basis.