Building and Maintaining Strong Immunity
Below are recommendations offered by the individual practitioners named, not by Holistic Health Community Inc.
Reconnective Healing Practitioner
- daily time out in nature (fresh air and sunshine)
- bare feet on the earth (as often as possible)
- hydration (lots of pure water)
- lots of oxygen (breath work)
- healthy food and supplements (organic whenever possible)
- raw fermented foods (for strong gut health)
- daily exercise
- lots of interaction with friends and loved ones
- lots of rest
- turn off the TV
- be kind to yourself and others
- feel and express gratitude daily
Enter a "stress free zone" — "science" has proven that stress deteriorates our healthy bodies and allows for dis-ease to enter. In this time of turmoil, create your own "stress free zone", using all five senses. example: soft sound ( YouTube has music that uses healing vibrations ), sit by a window where the "outside" can come "inside", cuddle into a plush blanket ( with a cat on your lap, purring, if you are lucky), a hot cup of tea to sip and a mind devoid of thought , except for what you are tasting, smelling, seeing , touching, hearing. Block out that time and space for yourself each day.
AMI JAYAPRADA HIRSCHSTEIN, AHC, C-IAYT
Ayurvedic Health Counselor & Yoga Therapist
Chyavanprash is a popular medicated jam made in Ayurveda. It boosts immunity and slows down the aging process. The fruit that forms the base of Chyavanprash is Amla, which has 40 times the amount of vitamin C as an orange and chock full of antioxidents. It is cooked with immune boosting herbs, making Chyavanprash a powerful supplement.
Herbal Health Consultant
Here are my top recommendations:
- Fire Cider (a traditional remedy made by infusing apple cider vinegar with garlic, hot peppers, horseradish & other spicy herbs.)
Fire Cider: Back on the Scene by AnnMarie Tedeschi
- Adaptogenic Herbs- find one (or a few) that resonate with you. Some examples of my favorites are nettle, burdock root & tulsi. See my full list & explanation on my handout link below.
Autumn; Time to Cleanse the Blood and Nourish the Immune System By AnnMarie Tedeschi
Emotion Code and Brennan Healing Science Practitioner
For illness or COVID 19 prevention (to boost immune system), I take Liposomal Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Selenium, Zinc and mushrooms. Samuel lists some good sources below. I also take:
Ion Biome for Gut Health:
Holistic Therapy Practitioner
I know many doctors recommend, & research shows, that D3, zinc (remembering that zinc / copper ratio must be considered), Ester C with bioflavonoids, super greens such as spirulina/chlorella (yaeyama is my fave), NAC, ALA (glutathione precursors - my fave is Jarrow Sustain), elderberry, B5, B12/Bcomplex, are important in maintaining the immune system. Eating whole foods, fresh, & organic (especially grains, animal foods, peaches, apples...), & avoiding processed foods & hfcs, sugars... these are basics for maintaining health, avoiding toxic pesticides/herbicides, etc. see Drs. Mercola, Axe, Buttar, Hyman, Gominak ...re: vitamin D).
PsychoSpiritual Counseling and Coaching
This list was published on the Mercola website months ago and I began taking it at that time.
Not a winter sniffle here. What a contrast to last year!
- Zinc Sulfate 220 mg
- Vitamin D 3000–5000 IU
- Vit C 3000 mg
- Quercetin 500 mg twice daily
- Andrographolide as a potential inhibitor of SARS-CoV-2 main protease: an in silico approach
- Antiviral activity of Andrographolide against Ebola virus, Dengue fever and SARS coronavirus
- Broad-spectrum antiviral properties of andrographolide (PDF)
NOTE: If you have an autoimmune disease, a bleeding disorder or low blood pressure, check with your doctor before taking Andrographis.
If you are well: For prevention of COVID 19:
- Liposomal Vitamin C - 2 caps AM, 2 caps PM: https://www.amazon.com/Liposomal-Vitamin-1200mg-ServingCapsules/dp/B07DH1ZJZ9/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=liposomal+c&qid=1605557802&s=hpc&sr=1-4
- Vitamin D - 5 drops per day: https://www.amazon.com/Biotics-Research-Bio-D-Mulsion-Forte-Cardiovascular/dp/B00EZFYD04?ref_=ast_sto_dp
- AHCC - dose as per package: https://www.amazon.com/Supplement-500mg-Capsule-Supports-Maintains-Production-60-Capsules/dp/B000WUJ8Y2/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=ahcc&qid=1605557845&s=hpc&sr=1-4
- Mycommunity: Dose as per package: https://www.amazon.com/Host-Defense-MyCommunity-Comprehensive-Resilient/dp/B002WJ1BZK?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
- Selenium: Dose as per package: https://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Origins-Selenium-Seleno-Excel/dp/B0014B8GCI/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=seleno+excell&qid=1605557961&s=hpc&sr=1-4
- Vitamin ADEK: 5 drops per day: https://www.amazon.com/Bio-ADEK-MulsionTM-Emulsified-Bioavailability-Tween-Free-Cardiovascular/dp/B00OAT7PJQ?ref_=ast_sto_dp
- Elder Moon Apothecary's Vitall Resistance, the best Elderberry tonic I have ever found, as per directions: https://www.jennifercosta.net/store/p157/TFS_-_Elderberry_Elixir_-_ElderMoon_Bee_Blessed_for_Vital_Resistance_.html#/
- Hellofend: This device may help people with Covid from spreading it better than a mask (although it should be used as an adjunct to mask wearing). It may also protect people from catching Covid from someone else's exhalations. It's called FEND: https://www.hellofend.com/ - and the science behind it is very interesting!
If you test positive for Covid or think you have been exposed, or are showing symptoms of Covid, or influenza: Do all of the above, with the following dose alterations, and additions:
- Increase the Vitamin C to 2 1600 MG per hour, reduce to bowel tolerance (when your stools get runny, reduce dose slowly).
- palmitoylethanolamide: 1 in the AM, one in the PM: https://www.purenootropics.net/product/palmitoylethanolamide-pea/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA48j9BRC-ARIsAMQu3WTrn3VZXp5X556uyecqGkr0UaLPiooO2-GNj-tAaU2Y2QccTI6PnB8aAmuoEALw_wcB
- If you feel heaviness in your chest, or have difficulty breathing: a steaming bowl of water with one drop of eucalyptus oil or tea tree oil, put a towel over your head to make a tent covering your entire head and the bowl, breathe the steam through mouth and nose. Do this several times a day.
- Again, if chest/lungs feel funny, or you have difficulty breathing: Percussion of lungs: have someone vigorously thump up and down your back, from the bottom of the rib cage up to the top of the shoulder blades, on both sides of the spine. You and also percuss the front of your ribcage from the bottom to the collar bones, vigorously. Do this several times a day. Bracketing this percussion with a steaming bowl tent before, and one after, is especially efficacious.
- Increase the Vital Resistance dose to 4X normal dose.
- If breathing at rest becomes labored, seek medical help.
Soul Collage Practitioner
A short You Tube offering solid, straight forward information on Vitamin D and COVID 19: